The commercial painting item template has roughly 30 items and can be used for either interior or exterior jobs. The expectation if this was going to be used is that you would copy the item template and have a single interior commercial and exterior commercial template. There is a much stronger focus in this template on inclusions, exclusions and scope of work.
This template is based on entry of the surface dimensions / item count which will then calculate the needed time and materials to complete the project.
The final project price will be based on the calculation of hours and materials and the price of the labor and price of the specific materials. More on the specific pricing and understanding item assembly setup.
More on managing your estimating templates here
This is a list of some of the items included in the commercial painting template.
- ==== Interior =====
- Interior Inclusions (language)
- Interior Exclusions (language)
- Prime GWB INT (square feet)
- Paint GWB Ceiling INT (square feet)
- Paint GWB Walls INT (square feet)
- Paint Running Trim INT (linear feet)
- Paint Window INT (each)
- Paint Door INT (each)
- Paint Door Jam INT (each)
- Interior Scope of Work (language)
- INT Primer (material)
- INT Ceiling Paint (material)
- INT Wall Paint (material)
- ===== Exterior =====
- Exterior Inclusions (language)
- Exterior Exclusions (language)
- Paint Siding EXT (square feet)
- Paint Door EXT (each)
- Paint Soffit / Eave (linear feet)
- Exterior Scope of Work (language)
- EXT Paint (material)
- EXT Trim Paint (material)
- ===== Used in Either =====
- Commercial Painting Labor (hour)
- Additional Labor (Prep, Repair, Setup, Break down) (hour)
- Finish Schedule (language on paints / finishes)
- Production Plan (language on man days / crew size / limitations)
The pros for using this item template is that Estimate Rocket will calculate the hours and materials needed for each phase of the project which will be published on the work order for easy reference by your field supervisor or crew.